Sunday, December 8th, 2013 at
Friday, December 6th was the final White Belt Stripe Test for 2013 at Paramount Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Chester County, PA. Congratulations to the following students, who moved one step closer to blue belt:
- Rob Risley
- Charles Namerow
- Angel Mertz
- Pete Davidson
- Joe Palacios
- Andrew Newton
- Greg Hagner
Next Saturday (Dec. 14th) will be an historic day for Paramount BJJ, as more students will be awarded new belts, taking another step towards the coveted black belt. This will be the biggest belt promotion since the doors of Paramount first opened in 2005.
Stay tuned for results!
Thursday, December 5th, 2013 at
Check out this awesome highlight video from the Paramount BJJ in-house tournament, held Saturday November 16th at our Downingtown, PA academy:
For more information about Jiu-Jitsu and the amazing benefits it can have for adults and children alike, click HERE. Or call 610-269-1127 and ask about our 30 Day Free Trial.
Monday, November 25th, 2013 at
Check out some of these action shots from last weekend’s Paramount BJJ in-house tournament. BJJ, or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, is a modified version of Judo that uses leverage and technique to allow a smaller person to defend themselves- and often defeat- a bigger, stronger adversary.
For that reason it’s the perfect martial art for kids, because children are often bullied by bigger kids. At Paramount BJJ, our children’s program is changing lives and building the confidence and realistic self-defense skills kids need to stand up to bullies.
We hold in-house tournaments to help the kids learn how to use their Jiu-Jitsu against resistance- one of the best things about training BJJ is that you can practice the moves at 100% without injuring your partner.
Call 610-269-1127 or visit our Children’s Martial Arts website for more info on our 30 Day FREE Trial.
Saturday, November 16th, 2013 at
The Paramount BJJ 2013 Fall In-House Tournament has come to an end after a fantastic day of matches. From the kids to the teens, white belt men and women up to blue belts, everyone gave 100% and all of the competitors made their instructors proud. Below are the full results:
- Jessie Laurino
- Ishmael Davidson
- Austin Green
- Milan Sangani
- Sam Leisenring
- Cole Pacinelli
- Caden Smith
- Logan Smith
- Leo Palacios
- Connor McBride
- Avi Ragozzino
- Justin Ehren
- Finn Ragozzino
- Brandon Pacinelli
- Emma Dalkin
- Cameron Wesley
- Wyatt Ulrich
- Steve Bowers
- Katherine Morgan
- Connor Smith
- Armando Nunez
- Calvin Ludwig
- Hrithik Sangani
- Nick Naseef
Women’s White Belt Absolute
- Shelly Ross
- Kristin Sanders
- Evelyn Aharonian
White belt Featherweight
- Paul Edwards
- Rob Risley
- Kyle Gamble
White belt lightweight
- Don Powell
- Devon Roth
- Matt Williams
White belt middleweight
- Mark Minchoff
- John Laurino
- Alex Macht
White belt heavyweight
- Adrian Davis
- Joe Rozak
- Rob Gayton
White belt Superheavy
- Rob Sellers
- Tom Getsinger
- Henrik Strame
White Belt Absolute
- Branden King
- Nate Henderson
- Kyle Gamble
Blue Belt Absolute
- Bryan DePalma
- Dave Landgarten
- Phil Mento
Congratulations to all of the competitors, and all of the TAC Team schools that brought students to compete, learn and meet their teammates from other schools. Our next In-House tournament will be held early 2014, so stay tuned!
Friday, November 8th, 2013 at
Our 2013 Fall In-House tournament is being held next Saturday, at Paramount BJJ right in Downingtown PA- just a few minutes from West Chester and Exton. For many, the In-House tournament will be their introduction to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competition, so below are some important rules for our tournament.
- Children: 3 minutes
- Teens and White belts: 5 minutes
- Blue belts: 6 minutes
- No wristlocks for children’s and teens divisions
- No submissions below the waist for all divisions except straight footlocks.
- No slamming from the guard – Slamming is an automatic DQ
- No unsportsmanlike conduct or disrespect whatsoever.
- No striking of any kind is permitted.
- Takedown or throw: 2 points
- Knee on Stomach: 2 points
- Guard pass: 3 points
- Mount position: 4 points
- Back position: 4 points
- In order to score points, one must show clear control for 3 seconds
- “Advantages” are scored for an almost score, or almost submission
- If the match ends in a tie of both points and advantages, the referee will decide the winner based on aggression. There will be no arguing or questioning the referees decision
- Divisions and weight classes will be decided based on the competitors
- We will do our very best to match up competitors according to belt, experience and weight.
- Every child and teen will have at least two matches, regardless of the outcome of the first.
- White and Blue belt adults will be automatically entered into the Open weight division.
For more information on the tournament, call 610-269-1127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Paramount and our BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing, and Kids programs click HERE.
Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 at
The US Grappling tournament circuit released the official team and school results from last weekend’s Diamond State Games competition. With 15 Gold medals, Paramount BJJ won the School Championship and propelled TAC Team (comprised of Paramount, BJJ United, Main Line, Osagame and more) to the Overall Team Title.
Congratulations to the competitors and to each and every student at Paramount BJJ, because the individual member is only as strong as the team. And with a strong team, the individual can accomplish greatness.
Call 610-269-1127 or email email@example.com for more info on training Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Boxing, and MMA for an Entire Month FREE in Downingtown, just minutes from West Chester, Exton, and Frazer, PA.
Monday, October 28th, 2013 at
The US Grappling organization held it’s annual Diamond State Games this weekend in Newark, DE. Paramount BJJ brought nine competitors to test their skills in a smaller but well-run tournament. The perfect tournament for those who want to gain experience, test out their new belt rank, or practice for one of the bigger and most prestigious tournaments.
In the juvenile division, Connor Smith, who earned the nickname “Beast” years ago for his enthusiasm and intensity, earned a Gold and Silver medal.
The overall medal count for the adult divisions was 14 Gold medals, 5 Silver, and 2 Bronze. Another great result from a great team of hard-working competitors. Also of note were the students who were unable to compete but came to show their support- further evidence that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a team sport, and that Paramount BJJ is a family.
Here are the results for each competitor:
- Phil Mento: Gold in No-Gi middleweight, Gold in No-Gi Open weight, Gold in blue belt middleweight, Gold in blue belt Open weight. Yes, he won FOUR GOLD MEDALS.
- Jim Mattson: Gold in blue belt light-heavy, Silver in No-Gi light-heavyweight.
- Krista Carpenter: Gold in No-Gi intermediate.
- Greg Hagner: Gold in Gi weight, Gold in No-Gi weight class, and Silver in No-Gi Open weight (bowed out to Anthony in the finals
- Anthony Pacinelli: Gold in No-Gi weight class, Gold in No-Gi Open, Bronze in Gi heavyweight.
- Branden King: Silver in Gi weight, Silver in Gi Open weight.
- Ian Murphy: Gold in No-Gi weight, Gold in No-Gi Open, Gold in Gi weight.
- Don Powell: Gold in Gi weight class, Silver in Gi Open weight.
(Missing from the photo are Krista Carpenter and Don Powell, both showed tenacity and determination on their way to Gold medals)
Congrats again to all the competitors, and to all of the students- because Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a team effort and everyone deserves credit. Next up is the In-House Tournament, which will be held in Downingtown at Paramount BJJ on Saturday, November 16th. You can register for the in-house at Paramount BJJ, located at 530 Trestle Place in Downingtown PA.
The tournament entry fee is only $30, which compared to the norm ($80-$120 for all other tournaments) makes this the perfect tournament- it’s close, it’s cheap, and it’s a guaranteed friendly and positive learning experience.
Monday, October 21st, 2013 at
Recently, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu United purple belt John Flite was diagnosed with leukemia and immediately began treatment. As you can imagine, this is a long and expensive (not to mention physically exhausting) process. To help John in the fight of his life, BJJ United will be hosting an amazing seminar.
Here are the details:
When: Saturday, November 9th, 11am
Where: 428 Old York Rd. Jenkintown, PAWho’s Teaching:
- Masters World Champion Rafael Formiga
- Pan No-Gi Champion Daniel Tavares
- Pan Masters Champion Vicente Junior
- 3x Pan No-Gi Champion Jared Weiner
- UFC fighter Wilson Reis
This is an unbelievable line-up, and for a $50 donation you can attend. This event will have some amazing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu- not to mention the camaraderie BJJ creates. Plus you’ll know you’re helping someone who’s facing the toughest challenge a person can face.
This event WILL reach capacity. To attend, bring in your donation this week to Paramount BJJ- located at 530 Trestle Place in Downingtown, PA.
Monday, October 21st, 2013 at
the biggest submission grappling tournament in the world, ADCC, just wrapped up another amazing event this weekend. ADCC is held every two years in a new location, and is the most prestigious event for a grappler. Here are the results:
ADCC worlds 2013 final results
1. Marcus Almeida
2. Gabriel De Oliveira
3. Roberto Abreu
1. Joao Assis
2. Dean Lister
3. Leonardo Nogieira
1. Romulo Barral
2. Rafael Lovato Jr.
3. Keenan Cornelius
1. Kron Gracie
2. Otavio Souza
3. JT Torres
1. Rubens Carles
2. Rafael Mendes
3. Justin Rader
For videos from the event, check out the BJJ Fights website. And for more info on training Grappling and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in West Chester, Exton, and Downingtown PA click HERE.
Monday, October 7th, 2013 at
We’re kicking off our Women’s Fitness Bootcamp tonight!
* Men: Send this to your wife, girlfriend, sister, etc. This is for women ONLY!
Ladies, we have a few questions to see if this class is right for you:
- Do you enjoy wandering around the gym, lifting weights here or there, wondering what exercise to do next?
- Do you like feeling like people are watching and judging you when you work out?
- Are you loaded with cash and love spending it on a personal trainer 2-3x a week?
- Do you like walking/running on the treadmill for 20+ minutes- or more- day after day?
None of that excites you? Then you absolutely HAVE to try our Women Only Fitness Bootcamp in Chester County PA- just minutes from West Chester and Exton in the heart of Downingtown.
Our Bootcamp was created to provide women with a super exciting, judgement free workout- one that is 100% effective.
This is the ideal class for women who are looking for a challenging, unique and fun workout- something you just don’t get wandering around the gym by yourself. The women in this class will be working out side-by-side with other women who are just like them.
The Women-Only Fitness Bootcamp is held at Paramount Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, located at 530 Trestle Place (inside the Trestle Bridge Business Park), in Downingtown PA.
Call 610-269-1127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to find out about our FREE Bootcamp Trial.