Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 at
Here is a list of upcoming Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and No-Gi tournaments that are within 2 hours of Paramount- or closer. This is the best time of year to compete, get out there and test yourself!
- August 5 & 6: NAGA Battle at the Beach (Wildwood, NJ)
- September 9: IBJJF Washington DC Open
- September 23: Tap Cancer Out (Downingtown PA, at the USTC!)
- September 30: IBJJF No-Gi Pan American Championship (NY)
After September the competition scene quiets down big-time, so there’s no better time that now to go set and accomplish a goal: Get that Gold medal!
Monday, May 15th, 2017 at
This Saturday, May 20th Paramount Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu will hold it’s 2017 Spring in-house tournament. This event is open to all TAC Team BJJ schools, and will feature divisions for children (age 5+), teens, and adults (white & blue belt). See below for more information.
- 9:00 am- Doors open
- 9:45 am- Rules meeting
- 10:00 am- Children and Teen matches begin
- 1:00 pm- Adult divisions begin
Point system (as per the IBJJF)
- Takedown: 2 points
- Sweep: 2 points
- Knee-on-stomach: 2 points
- Guard pass: 3 points
- Mount position: 4 points
- Back position: 4 points
- Advantages are given when a competitor almost scores or almost gets a submission. Advantages are only taken into account when the score is tied.
- Children: 3 minutes
- Teens: 4 minutes
- Adult white belts: 5 minutes
- Adult blue belts: 6 minutes
- $40 until Thursday (May 18)
- $30 for competitors from visiting (invited) academies
- There is NO day-of registration
Register NOW before it’s too late, don’t miss the biggest event of Spring!
Sunday, March 26th, 2017 at
Saturday we held our first ever Submission-Only tournament at Paramount. It exceeded all expectation, as the students who competed stepped up to the challenge, overcame their fears and put on some fantastic matches. Spectators were treated to plenty of great moves and several back-and-forth battles.
Here are the results:
Men’s White Belt Absolute (all weight classes combined)
- Jacques McAllister
- Jason Johansen
- Alex Lazos
There were 16 competitors in this division. Jacques submitted all 4 of his opponents in a total time of 24 minutes 23 seconds.
Women’s White Belt Absolute
- Jocelyn Palmer
- Cathryn Millares
- Carolyn Giardini
This was the most competitive division, with 2 of the 3 longest matches of the event. Jocelyn vs. Cathryn 1 lasted 27:35, and Jocelyn vs. Carolyn lasted 22:12.
Men’s Blue Belt Absolute
- Brett Landrum
- Zach Fahrenholtz
- Kirk Martin
Brett won 4 matches in a total time of 41 minutes 40 seconds. His first match with Zach was the second longest of the day at 23:55.
By the Numbers
- Ed Foley won the $100 cash prize for quickest submission, an americana from mount in 31 seconds. It was the very first submission of the day.
- The most common submission was the armock.
- Jocelyn Palmer had the most mat-time at 1 hour, 3 minutes and 25 seconds.
- The longest match of the day was Jocelyn and Cathryn’s first match, which took 27 minutes and 35 seconds.
- Cathryn Millares had the most matches, at 6. She won 4 and lost 2. Zach Fahrenholtz had 5 matches, winning 3 and losing 2.
Stay tuned for an announcement on our Spring In-House tournament (regular rules and weight classed for kids, teens and adults), which is scheduled for May.
Wednesday, November 9th, 2016 at
Here’s what’s on the calendar for the final months of 2016:
- November 12th:
Fall In-House Tournament
Doors open at 9am (more info in the post below)
- November 12th:
UFC 205 Party
Main card starts at 10pm, doors open at 9
- December 9th & 10th
Adult white belt stripe tests
6pm and 11am respectively
- December 17th
Year-End Belt Promotions & Awards
Starts at 11am
- December 17th
The fun begins at 6pm
Follow us on Facebook and twitter to get all the latest news from Paramount BJJ.
Monday, November 7th, 2016 at
This Saturday, November 12th, Paramount Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu will hold its 2016 fall in-house tournament. The event will feature divisions for children (age 5+), teens, and adults (white & blue belt). See below for more information.
⦁ 9:00 am- Doors open
⦁ 9:45 am- Rules meeting
⦁ 10:00 am- Children and Teen matches begin
⦁ 1:00 pm- Adult divisions begin
⦁ Takedown: 2 points
⦁ Sweep: 2 points
⦁ Knee-on-stomach: 2 points
⦁ Guard pass: 3 points
⦁ Mount position: 4 points
⦁ Back position: 4 points
⦁ Advantages are given when a competitor almost scores or almost gets a submission. Advantages are only taken into account when the score is tied.
⦁ Children: 3 minutes
⦁ Teens: 4 minutes
⦁ Adult white belts: 5 minutes
⦁ Adult blue belts: 6 minutes
⦁ Adult purple belts: 7 minutes
⦁ $30 if registered by October 29th
⦁ $40 if registered by November 5th
⦁ $50 if registered by November 10th (last day to register)
⦁ There is NO day-of registration
*** If you are not from Paramount BJJ you may register for $30 up until this Thursday. Call 610-269-1127 or email email@example.com to register for the tournament.
Thursday, April 21st, 2016 at
The Paramount BJJ spring in-house tournament will take place on Saturday, May 21st! The in-house tournament is a great opportunity for students to test their skills in a friendly and super fun environment. It is highly recommended for students with 3 or more months of training.
The in-house tournament is also the perfect chance to get a realistic sense for how a real-life confrontation feels, both physically and mentally. The excitement, the adrenaline, and the sense of accomplishment after the match is over are unlike anything else- it’s an incredible experience.
- Divisions for children, teens, and adults (White through Purple belt).
- Double elimination for kids and teens – guaranteed 2 matches.
- Open division for adults.
- $30 up to May 14th – $40 until May 20th
- No day-of registration.
- Weigh-ins will take place during the week prior to the tournament.
Registration for the tournament will open on Monday, April 25th. You can find the rules and more info on the bulletin board by the front desk. Make sure you register ASAP to be a part of this awesome event!
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015 at
Here is the updated schedule for Saturday’s In-House tournament:
- 9:15am – Weigh-ins for children’s divisions
- 9:45am – Rules meeting
- 10:00am – Children’s divisions begin
- 12:30pm – Weigh-ins for adult divisions
- 1:30pm – Adult divisions begin
Please arrive early, so that we can stay as close to this schedule as possible.
Tuesday, October 13th, 2015 at
ATTN: All Paramount BJJ competitors! The US Grappling tournament will take place in less than two weeks. Check it out:
Don’t forget, our Fall In-House tournament is scheduled for November 7th at our Downingtown PA facility. You can register for just $30 at the front desk or with your instructor. Call 610-269-1127 for more info.
Thursday, September 17th, 2015 at
Get ready for another awesome day of great matches and the camaraderie that competition creates. Here are the details:
- Date: Saturday, November 7th (Start time 10am)
- Divisions: Kids, Teens and Adults (White belt to Purple belt)
- Weight Classes: TBD based on competitors
- Registration: $30 by October 31st, $40 until November 6th (No day-of registration)
- Awards: Custom made medals for 1st through 3rd place
- Rules: IBJJF regulations, we’ll hold a brief rules meeting prior to the start
More information will follow, register at the front desk to secure your spot!
Monday, June 29th, 2015 at
In less than 3 weeks Paramount Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) will head to New York for the IBJJF NY Summer Open, one of the most prestigious east coast tournaments. Here is the roster:
- Rob Cullen
- Brett Landrum
- Melissa Landrum
- Evelyn Aharonian
- Abi Durrant
- Anthony Pacinelli
- Dave Landgarten
- Phil Mento
- Greg Hagner
Stay tuned for updates and results. Call 610-269-1127 or click HERE for more info on the most decorated BJJ academy in Chester County, PA.